Patient and Caregiver Resources
Customized Medical Parkinson’s Bracelet
The“Care Medical History Bracelet” has been customized for individuals with Parkinson’s. This bracelet allows you to create a personal health record which you can carry with you at all times. The bracelet has been proven to be lifesaving in emergency situations. The bracelet can be edited from any computer, MAC or PC. No internet access is required. The program works directly from the bracelet and saves information to the bracelet.
The Care Medical History Bracelet is offering this bracelet at a discount price of $27.99 plus S&H, (retail $29.99), with a $5.00 donation from each order going back to the Parkinson Association.
Visit www.medicalhistorybracelet.com • Enter code POR222 to receive this special offer. Or call, Julie Bruce, Vice President of Sales at (480) 353-7560.
Aware in Care
With more frequent hospital visits and a high sensitivity to the timing and dosing of Parkinson’s medications, people with Parkinson’s face great risks in the hospital.
To protect, prepare and empower people with Parkinson’s before, during and after a hospital visit, National Parkinson Foundation has developed a free Aware in Care kit with tools and information to share with hospital staff during a planned or emergency hospital stay.
Order your free Aware in Care kit through the National Parkinson Foundation.
Choose from our library
Our library houses books, dvds and videos. Listed below is a sample from our inventory:
- Book: "Share the Care: How to Organize a Group to Care for Someone Who is Seriously Ill"
- Book: "The Comfort of Home: A Complete Guide for Caregivers"
- Book: "Parkinson's Disease for Dummies"
- Book: "Surviving Adversity: Living with Parkinson's Disease"
- Book and DVD: "Parkinson's Disease & the Art of Moving"
Parkinson Association of the Rockies Library:
- Books on Caregiving
- Books of Encouragement
- Books on Exercise
- Legal Issues and MISC Reference Books
- Living with Parkinson's
- Media (DVD's, CD's, Cassettes and VHS)
- Medically Based Parkinson's Books
- Nutrition and Healthy Living
- Parkinson's for Children
Find more information
National Resource Website
- Other Resource Websites
Assisted Cycling Tours
- Grief and Bereavement
Helping Yourself with Grief
- Medicare/Social Security Disability
- Voice and Speech
- Caregiver Websites
Family Caregiver Alliance
Share the Care
Strength for Caring