• 303.830.1839

Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid

Employee Insurance. If you are insured, either through your employer or a retirement policy, read all of the policies; including disability policies, pertaining to chronic illness. If you do not understand your benefits, contact the personnel department or your financial planner. Be sure to find out if your insurance covers referral to a specialist in Parkinson's disease.

Private Insurance. If you are unemployed and you do not have coverage, you should look for the highest level of coverage that you can afford.

Medicare. If you are 65 or over, you will qualify for Medicare, but Medicare is also very complex. Visit the government’s official webpage on Medicare by clicking here.

There are also options to supplement this insurance with a "Medigap" policy available through a private insurer. Visit the official Medicare site.

If you are disabled but too young to qualify for Social Security, you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability.

Medicare prescription drug coverage To get Medicare drug coverage, you must join a plan run by an insurance company or other private company approved by Medicare. Each plan can vary in cost and drugs covered. To learn more about prescription drug coverage go to the official Medicare Site.

Medicaid. If you cannot get insurance and your income is low, you may qualify for Medicaid, a government "safety net" program that pays for medical costs that exceed a person's ability to pay.

Help is a phone call away! 303-861-1810