Education, services and support for PD patients
As someone with Parkinson’s, you may be feeling overwhelmed with all the information out there on the Internet. With seemingly so much to learn and take in about this disease, there is one thing you need to keep in mind: this disease does not define your life! There are, without question, aspects of your life which will need some adjusting. Just remember, you have the power to decide how your life will unfold.
Each section has useful and relevant information about learning to live and thrive with Parkinson’s disease.
- PD 101 : Find out about Parkinson’s disease, commonly prescribed medications and symptoms.
- Exercise : Discover exercises that can help alleviate pain, build muscle strength, prevent depression and even help with speech issues.
- Diet & Nutrition : Read about special dietary guidelines just for PD patients.
- Treatments : Explore your options for traditional and alternative PD treatments.
- Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease : Learn about the unique challenges of living with PD for people under 50-years-old and ways to overcome them.
- Support Groups : Find and join the right support group for you.
- Employment Issues : Read about handling potential employment issues.